CRAIGLEITH (from Ship-Photos)
Ship No 467
Was an order fro the Leith Dock Commission for a single screw diesel tug to be called GRAIGLEITH. She was named after an Island in the River Forth just off the coast from North Berwick in Scotland.
She was 175 tons with a length of 88 feet and a beam of 25 feet.
She was launched on 16th of May 1958.
She was to work the busy docks of Leith for many years and was present at the launch of many fine Leith built ships from the shipyard of Henry Robb.
She was eventually sold to Canada and renamed “BEAUFORT SPIRIT” and after a working life of 46 years she was broken up in 1984.
Another of the fine Leith built ships.