Ship No 288
Was the final Bumb Barge to be launched as part of the large order from Anglo Iranian Oil, at 309 tons and with a length overall of 309 tons.
At the same size as the other barges, with a length overall of 160 feet and a beam of 25 feet, and draught of 8 feet and 6 inches. This large order was to see the yard through to 1939, and would mean continuity of work to keep bread on the table of the riveters, platers and shipwrights for a while.
The barges that were built would no doubt be put to good use during the coming conflict that was soon to engulf the world.