Ship No 497
The motor vessel SORRENTO was the third ship in what was to prove to be the largest single order for ships that Henry Robb shipbuilders were ever to secure. All for the Ellerman Wilson Line.
The M.V.SORRENTO was a single screw diesel cargo ship of 1559 grt, with a length between perpendiculars of 280 feet and a beam of 45 feet and 6 inches, with a design draught of 26 feet.
Sister ship to SALERNO and SALMO she was launched into the waters of the River Forth at Leith on 25th of May 1967.
Transferred to Ellerman Lines in 1973 and renamed City of Sparta.