|MV SILVIO renamed City of Patras (Ellerman Lines)|
Ship No 498
The motor vessel SILVIO was the Fourth ship in what was to prove to be the largest single order for ships that Henry Robb shipbuilders were ever to secure.
The M.V.SILVIO was a single screw diesel cargo ship of 1559 grt, with a length between perpendiculars of 280 feet and a beam of 45 feet and 6 inches, with a design draught of 26 feet.
Sister ship to SALERNO, SALMO and SORRENTO she was launched into the waters of the River Forth at Leith on 30th of November 1967.
She was the second ship to bear the name SILVIO, built in the Leith Shipyards for the Ellerman Wilson Line, the first being Ship No 358 from 1947.
Transferred to Ellerman Lines in 1973 and renamed City of Patras.