Friday 16 July 2010

M.V. CAVALLO


Ship No 406


Was the lead ship in a two vessel order for the Ellerman Wilson Line. She was a beautiful looking vessel as all the early post war Ellerman ships were, they looked like ships that you could identify with at the time. She was just how a fine ship should look.

At 2340 tons, with a length B.P. of 290 feet and a beam of 48 feet and six inches, and a design draft of 28 feet and 3 inches. She was a single screw diesel cargo passenger vessel.

M.V.CAVALLO

3 comments:

Geoff Ford said...

I sailed on this ship as electrical officer in 1965 on the 'Meddy' run.

Anonymous said...

I also sailed on this ship as a deck boy in 1957 -1958, I believe the captains name was Fred Briggs

Chris Bond said...


I was on the Cavallo the same time from March 57 to Jan 58 as Galley Boy, my first ship direct from the "Vindicatrix" the Captain was indeed Fred Briggs.