Ship No 351
With the end of World War 2 companies needed to rebuild and for shipping companies that meant replacing war losses.
M.V.CORNCRAKE was the first ship of a two ship order from the General Steam Navigation Company Ltd.
She was built for the coastal trade around the British Isles. She was a single screw diesel cargo vessel of 629 tons.
She had a length overall of 180 feet and a beam of 32 feet and 10 inches, and draught of 20 feet and 5 inches.
She was launched on 20th December 1945 into the peacetime waters of the River Forth.