Ship No 333
This order built during the war was from the General Steam Navigation Company Ltd, one of the oldest shipping companies in the World.
The order was for two small coastal freighters of 493 tons. With the first, on the stocks being the M.V. KINGFISHER
She was single screw with a length overall of 160 feet, with a beam of 27 feet and a draught of 17 feet.
She was launched from the yard 1943/44 and was pressed into doing war service while hostilities lasted.
M.V. Kingfisher was the fourth ship of the company to have this name and she was eventually sold to a Canadian Company in 1966 and re-named Dunure.
Remember to click on the highlighted ships name to be taken to the Leith Shipyards website to read so much more about the ships built in Leith.