Ship No 324
An order for an armed trawler of the “Isle Class”
Primarily used for “Minesweeping” duties.
She was to be the leader of a minesweeping flotilla working the very dangerous coastal waters of Greece, and had many adventures during this campaign.
She was 463 tons, with an overall length of 150 feet, with a beam of 27 feet and 6 inches, and a draught of 14 feet and 6 inches.
She was launched from the yard on 15th of June 1942.
(Read more about H.M.S. Staffa at Leith Built Ships on War Service.)