Ship No 293
Was an order from a local Leith shipping Line named J. Currie and Company Ltd.
She was an identical ship to “Oriole” being a single screw motor cargo vessel, at 489 tons, with a length overall of 160 feet and a beam of 27 feet, with draught of 14 feet.
She was launched from the yard 16th of October 1939.
Edina was to go on and have an eventful time during World War II and also took part in the invasion of Europe on D-Day 1944.
In 1945 she was, sold to Dundee, Perth & London Shipping Co., Dundee and renamed Gowrie.