|M.V.SALMO (Ellerman Wilson Line)|
Ship No 496
The motor vessel SALMO was the second ship in what was to prove to be the largest single order for ships that Henry Robb shipbuilders were ever to secure.
As part of the order which was to keep the men in the Leith yard in full employment during what proved to be boom times for the shipyard owners.
The M.V.SALMO was a single screw diesel cargo ship of 1559 grt, with a length between perpendiculars of 280 feet and a beam of 45 feet and 6 inches, with a design draught of 26 feet. Sister ship to the SALERNO
She was launched into the River Forth on 12th of December 1966.
She was to work on the Scandinavian line from Hull to Stockholm.
Transferred to Ellerman Lines in 1973 and renamed City of Athens.