M.V. DARINIAN (Ship No 359)Ship No 359
M.V. Darinian was the first of two, twin screw Cargo Steamer’s ordered from the Ellerman Wilson Line to help replace ships that the company had lost during the 6 long years of the war at sea.
All part of the large order placed with Henry Robb for 6 vessels. Although twin screwed, she was slightly smaller than the four previous single screwed vessels. At 1533 tons and with a length of 255 feet and a beam of 42 feet, she was a good looking vessel and was launched from the yard on 21st of May 1947.