Ship no 393
The sister ship of MOMBASA ordered from The British India Steam Navigation Company, for this twin screw passenger cargo vessel.
She was another fine looking ship at 2629 tons.
At 280 feet in length she was 30 feet longer than Mombasa and she had a beam of 46 feet.
She was launched from the yard on 20th of August 1950.
M.V. MTWARA was to end up being used by the Chilean Navy during the early 1980’s.