M.T.ARUSHA - renamed ST MAWES at work shepherding the great Liner ORIANA out to sea.
Ship No 417
Continuing on with the fine tradition of building the work horses of the shipping world ARUSHA was an order from the British India Steam Navigation Company Ltd, for a single screw steam tug.
She was to be used by the company in the East African port of Mombasa.
At 346 tons, with a length B.P. of 112 feet and 6 inches, and a beam of 32 feet with a design draught of 15 feet and 3 inches.
She was launched from the yard on 17th of August 1951
She worked the port of Mombasa for eight years before being sold to the Falmouth Steam Towing Company and re-named St Mawes,where she was to continue her working life.