Ship No 220
Was an order from the Indian Co-Operative, for a passenger vessel, this fine modern motor ship was built for the Indian coastal passenger trade.
She was to play her part in the coming world wide conflict as well, being used as a navel patrol vessel, and later as the Royal Navy grew, she became a transport ship used in the East Africa campaign.
She was 452 tons, with a length overall of 180 feet with a beam of 32 feet.
She was launched from the Leith yard of Henry Robb 25th January 1936.