The MILLER (Ship No 194)
This small Motor Coaster of 118 tons was launched in the Leith yard on 5th of July 1932 She was 85 feet length overall and had a beam of 19 feet.
This vessel built for E. Marriage & Son, Limited was pressed into service early in the war and took part in many of the stirring events of the South East Coast of England.
She became a tender to the Thames balloon barrage, and later to the balloon barrage in Harwich Harbour. When this work was concluded, she served the Churchill forts erected on the sandbanks off the east coast, her hold accommodation having been fitted with large water tanks and other supply facilities for the men stationed on the forts.