Ship No 444
The JOHN HERBERT was a twin screw diesel tug.
She was ordered by the Preston Dock Commission, for work at the then busy port.
She was one of a two ship order at 146 tons, with a length of 86 feet and a beam of 23 feet with a design draught of 12 feet.
She served in the Preston docks until 1976 when she was sold to Liechtenstein interests. Named after a member of the local council, she was launched in 1955.