Ship No 396
Was the lead ship in a two ship order from the General Steam & Navigation Company Ltd.
From a long pedigree of fine Coasters, she was a single screw diesel cargo vessel for trade around the British Isles.
She was 757 tons with a length of 196 (B.P.) and a beam of 35 feet and 6 inches, with a design draught of 20 feet and 4 inches.
She was launched into the waters of the Firth of Forth on 22nd of June 1950.