S.S. Truro was a single screw Cargo Steamer, to help replace war loses. At 1795 tons, with a length of 280 feet and a beam of 42 feet, they were very fine looking ships with graceful lines. She drew a draught of 25 feet and 3 inches.
She was launched from the yard on 12th December 1946. She operated all over the Med.
In 1968 she was sold to Kuwait, renamed Gulf Noor.