She was an order from the then (aptly named) “War Department”.
She was a Twin Screw Motor vessel of 180 tons, with a length overall of 114 feet and beam of 22 feet.
She was launched from the Leith yard on the 1st of May 1930.
A decade that was to start with “The Great Depression” and end with the beginning of World War II.
H.M.S.HERALD (Ship No 512) the lead ship here in the Med.